Thursday, March 10, 2011

Amazing People Come in ALL Different Sizes

Have you ever noticed that kids with special needs always have smiles one their faces? I volunteer for the Project Search at University of Cincinnati and it always amazes me what these kids accomplish. Most of them have Autism, and Downs Syndrome and they are the most amazing people you will ever meet. They work hard, and have a great sense of humor. Just today one girl asked me " do cute boys talk to you?" i replied " uh...well not really..." she answered " WHY NOT?! you are so pretty!! i will make them talk to you!!" They see people for who they are, and not what they look like. Why can't society be like that? People are so judgmental about what people wear, or how they look. Kids with disabilities take you as you are. I LOVE that about them. I have spent so little time with them and they already accept me into their little group, which amazes me.
that was my little rant of the day :)
Love,Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment